Apprentice Workshop Technician (Mechanical)
Posted August 04, 2022 at 11:24 AM
Overview of Role
To provide machine shop support for the development and testing of new and innovative designs and technologies for gas abatement systems.
- Set-up and machine parts to specifications using manual and CNC machine tools such as lathes, milling machines etc.
- Understand the practical and theoretical uses of the materials and machines used, and their applications.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, specifications and computer-generated information.
- Understand the impact of tolerances in the design and cost of components.
- Select and use a range of measuring and test equipment to check components’ quality and accuracy.
- Measure dimensions of completed products or workpieces to verify conformance to specifications.
- Keep a written and photo journal of completed work pieces and jobs.
- Understand and follow safe working practices.
- Be aware of and understand applicable health and safety aspects of working within machine shop and lab environments.
- Understand a wide range of software as well as being IT literate in MS Excel, Word etc.
About the employerEdwards (part of the Atlas Copco Group) is a leading global supplier of integrated solutions for the manufacture of semiconductors, flat panel displays, LEDs and solar cells.
- A clear interest in scientific and/or engineering principles.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good teamwork skills.
- Problem solving skills and the ability to analyse information and apply knowledge to make suggestions.
- Understand and follow safe working practises.
- Ability to carry out tasks to a high quality, with minimal assistance and in a timely manner.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to record data and information in a precise and clear manner.
- A strong commitment to academic/college studies.
Due to the requirement to attend college on a regular basis, a full driving license and your own car would be an advantage.
- Positive attitude and an ability to interact with other employees at all levels.
- Dedicated to career advancement and keen to learn.
- Attention to detail.
- Methodical approach.
- Mechanically minded.
- Pro-active problem solver.
Qualifications required5 GCSEs - Math’s, English & Science at Grade 5-9 essential (or equivalent).
37.5 hours per week
48 months. Full time college attendance, followed by day release from Edwards.
To become a fully qualified Development Workshop Technician with Edwards.
As with all apprenticeships, this requires a long-term commitment. There will be assignments and journal entries to complete as well as homework from college. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a top global engineering company, whilst you work towards nationally recognised qualifications.
Supplementary Application Form Questions
- How will you travel to Edwards and BEMA?
Organisation name: Edwards
Contact name: Bryan Young
Contact phone number: 01454 321356
Contact website: https://www.bema.co.uk/
Salary: £9.23 Per hour: – applicants must be 18 or over to apply.
Location: Edwards Ltd, Kenn Business Park, Clevedon, North Somerset, BS21 6TH
Deadline for completed applications: Wednesday 31 August 2022
Have a look at more jobs listings in the sector by clicking here