Apprentice Fabricator - Level 3
Posted March 24, 2022 at 12:23 PM
About the Employer
Crown Conveyors doesn't simply design and manufacture high quality conveying systems. We work with our customers to engineer conveying solutions to achieve maximum productivity.
We are a division of Electrical Solutions SKD Ltd and from our base in Bristol we serve blue chip companies at the forefront of their sectors, principally in the food, drink and packaging industries, as well as a host of smaller businesses.
- Carry out fabrication works using stainless steel materials.
- Welding using TIG Welding.
- Cutting to required dimensions from mechanical design drawings.
- Drilling using a pilar drill and hand tools.
- Cleaning and polishing after tasks for best quality finish.
- Cutting plate using a guillotine, angle grinders and jigsaw.
- Cutting box section, tube, sold bar and other sections as required using band saw and hand tools.
- Forming flat sheet using a hydraulic brakepress.
- Forming flat sheet using a hand fly press.
- Forming flat sheet and profiled shapes using powered rollers for radiused and curved profiles.
- Once parts are fabricated you will be required to assemble conveyors using hand tools.
- Fitting and installation of electrical components such as wire basket containment, conduit, tray etc and isolators, safety switches, control boxes etc.
- Fitting and assembly of pneumatic components required on the conveyor or system, mounting and operating and setting up.
- Responsible for cleaning up after yourself, to ensure the workplace is kept clean & tidy.
- Reporting to the workshop Foreman.
- Assist customer factory acceptance tests.
- If required, attend customers sites to install, modify, dismantle conveyors. UK Based only.
- Work with fabricators, machinists and electrical employees to delivery the customers requirements.
- This vacancy will include on the job training from dedicated skilled fabrication engineers.
- All in house training will go towards your NVQ Level 3 which will also include one day per week at college.
- Manual Dexterity
- Team Player
Commitment, Time keeping, methodical thought process, attention to detail, honesty, team work & good sense of humor
4 GCSEs - Math’s, English & Science at Grade 5-9 essential. (or equivalent)
Number of vacancies:1
B1-B3 Wood Road Industrial Centre, Wood Road, Kingswood, Bristol, BS15 8NN
Monday to Thursday 7:00am – 3:30pm and Friday 7:00am – 3:00pm.
College day times to be advised. Total hours per week: 40:00
To be our full-time fabricator with the ability to assist other departments.
Organisation name: Swatpro Academy: Yate, Bristol
Contact name: Bryan Young
Contact phone number: 01454 321356
Contact website: http://www.bema.co.uk
Salary: £4.81 per hour
Location: Kingswood, Bristol
Deadline for completed applications: Friday 01 July 2022
Have a look at more jobs listings in the sector by clicking here